Sunday, August 16, 2009

You wanna play hockey? OK

While summer is fading away, I have to look for a new seasonal hobby for the long and cold winter. Yes, I could go back to cross country skiing (and I will) but I also need something a bit more social. And of course, any other activity which does not require bulky and expensive gear is of no interest for me. Dog sledding would qualify... I'd make a minimum of 10 friends, I'd be the boss, and the gear is interesting, but I don't want to feed dogs 7 days of the week for merely one afternoon of fun. So I am signing up for hockey instead. Yes, I played hockey 2 years ago, so it is not entirely new, but I stopped when I saw a head-on collision just in front of me, and the sight of blood on the rink had me look for tamer winter activities. But this time, I got the full protective gear, including for my head. If there is blood on the rink, that won't be mine (or at least, not from the head). More details? I am joining a team who has red jersey (or so I was told). Hopefully they will let me play. I am starting tomorrow (every Monday at 21:30). That's as much as I know for now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chouch said...

It's the middle of August: In other parts of Europe, they think it is too hot to go outside but in Siberia it is already time to play hockey outdoors... wow.

michelle beney said...

You may have been better at dog sled! You probably won't get hurt as much! Also, whenever I need a good laugh, I just come to your blog. It always makes my day! :O)