Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Sunday at the datcha.

Finally I got to go to a datcha. A datcha is a kind of cabin,where the locals spend their week ends and sometimes their whole summer. My coworker and friend Dmitry invited me to his datcha near the town of Isskitim. There we had the last shashliks of the season in a beautiful garden, full of exuberant flowers which show off their colors before the long and cold winter. You can see the pictures of my quiet Sunday afternoon below, with a few shots of the garden flowers.
By the way, i do not recommend to try the berries that almost look like blackberries on the picture. It doesn't taste like much first, but then it leaves a sour taste for very long in the mouth. I should have listened to my friends when they told me these berries were not edible... but they looked so good and juicy. You guys don't realize how lucky you are to have a friend who is nice enough to try all these disgusting things and share his experience with you.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Looks nice dude, but we're going to have to insist you start featuring in your pictures again. We need to see if your armpit hair has grown back in for the winter.

Chouch said...

from the last 2 articles, it looks like Bruce is becoming more bucolic. I don't know what kind of audience he is trying to appeal but we want more trashy-tough-siberia-extreme-experience. And not just some little berry tasting.