Sunday, May 4, 2008

A new website about Novosibirsk

For people who are interested in Novosibirsk beyond my small adventures, here is a all new webiste that has lots of goof stuffs in English:
http://novosibirskguide.com/
I thought I'd give them a hand by posting this link in my own blog. I hope their server is up to the task of handling all visitors that will swarm to their site after reading this blogpost.
Now, for the people who still doubt that there are things to do around here, let me quote them (under "Around Novosibirsk"):
"Here is an ordinary picture a traveler may occasionally come across in the Novosibirsk region: fields, birch groves, a brook and a tiny village nearby. Such delightful landscapes can be observed as far as only 10 km away from the city line. If one gazes at the direction of South-East long enough he or she might soon find that some massifs start peeping in the distance. The West, in its turn, is well-known for its salt and mud lakes. [...] Unfortunately, local tourist agencies hardly offer any tours around the region with the only exception of trips to the abovementioned lakes. "

Hmmm...another good one:
"“Apart from significant natural sights, the Novosibirsk region is saturated with industrial landscapes enchanting a viewer with the grandeur of their scales.”

So, book your flight tickets now before prices go up!

6 comments:

More Then Twist in My Sobriety said...

Thank You :)!
Don't you mind if i put a link to your blog in "Bloggers experience of visiting Novo" section?

NovosibirskGuide.com's creator,
Artem

Bruce Lenorf said...

Artem,
No problem. That would be great actually. I love your website by the way.
I have replied to you on one of your own blogs, but I am not sure you got the answer...

Ian said...

Nice site. Careful Bruno, you're in danger of becoming my second destination for Novosibirsk related information.

More Then Twist in My Sobriety said...

Hi,

Yeah, you are right, i have comment delivery service "off".

Thank you again :)

You are living in Akadem? Do you know Olly (uk) and Karin (norway)? They study there, we meet with them from time to time (visiting some bars usually :) ). If you want, you surely could join us :)

Bruce Lenorf said...

More then twist in my sobriety,
Do you have an email address I can reach you at? I don't know Olly and Karin, but it sounds like we have the same hobbies. I would be happy to meet you guys for a drink one evening...

More Then Twist in My Sobriety said...

yes, write me artem.sukhoroslov at gmail dot com