Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Where would you rather be?



In this serie, guess which picture was not taken in Mexico, but from work on my way to the airport... Watch out! It is a trick question.
So, I am back in Akademgorodok after a week in Cancun and a brain cell damaging stop-over in Moscow. Let's skip the boring part in Cancun (for the sake of being consistent with the title of the blog). I am now back in Russia, so no more COCO BONGO for me... Anyway, Moscow has other perks than just the Red Square. One of them is called... TAMOUGA! It is a drink that consists in setting fire to a glass of absinthe, and then put another glass upside down on top of it to cut oxygen from the fire. Then, this latter glass is put upside down on a straw: you first drink the absinthe and then breath in from the straw... That would warm up a dead body. The only issue is that you can't drink more than 2 of those after you had 5 vodkas because it gives a headache. Since it gets hard to count all the way up to 2 after 5 vodkas, both Sonia and me had a serious headache the day after. So we only went for a quick walk in Moscow, but that was enough for me since my luggage had been lost on the way from Cancun so I was freezing my butt, even in Eddie's coat.
For the people interested in having fun on Moscow, the bar we went to is called the Art Garbage. Very cool place, but don't stay in the restrooms for too long when you go there: there was a guy in front of me who got beaten up because he stayed too long in the bathrooms according to another client who slapped him in the face when he got out. I must have done pretty good on time when I got there, because nobody slapped me in the face when I got out. My trick was to save on time by not washing hands.
Thanks for reading my blog while I was away. Da Svidania everybody.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, at last: a litlle bit of activity there. One question: Does training on tequila during the week helped for the Tamouga?

Anonymous said...

Is it to save time that we saw many people going into the bathrooms in group of 3 or 4? Art Garbage is such a cool place that you don't wanna waste a minute of your time there! It closes at 6am, and the night goes really fast when you are experiencing crazy Russian drinks!

Ian said...

Tamouga sounds like my kind of drink. And the middle photo is the one from Akademgorodok. That's exactly how I pictured the Ob Sea to look.

Bruce Lenorf said...

Ian, you are right, the middle picture is the Ob sea. It is amazing how a change of angle can make a picture look so much better.
You would loooooooove Tamougas. Just the name of it is marketing genius I believe...

LANDSCAPES said...

Good luck!!