Friday, October 12, 2007

A little setback

Well, blogger is very cool and automatically translates everything in Russian when you try to use it from Russia. I am sure all the native Russian love that, but for me, that sucks really bad. It looks like I won't get away w/o learning russian. I can't figure out how to post pictures and movies in the right format. So, my apologies for a blog where the format degrades momentarily (I will try to keep the content top notch though).
That won't keep me from telling you about my first day in Russia. I stayed over in Moscow, where I met with my old paparachik friends Sonia and Eddie. We went to the red square and had a real russian dinner (w/ caviar, borsch, and other stuffs). I would love to show you some pictures, but last time I tried to upload them, that did not work out very well. So I might use a workaround.
Now, I am back at the hotel where I will stay one more night after I missed my flight for Novo. Paradise is always hard to reach, isn't it? In the mean time, if someone could send me some screen captures of the blogger commands in good ol' ABC alphabet, I will appreciate!

6 comments:

Ian said...

Man, those Siberian proverbs get straight to the point, don't they?

You missed your flight to Novo? People might start thinking you're reluctant to get there.

jennthompson said...

Bruno-
It sounds like you've started your adjustment period already! Well it has to start somewhere. I am so sorry I was unable to make it to your farewell party, we had so much work with the move on Saturday and finally found time to eat dinner at 9:00 pm. I am glad Antoine went because I knew he couldn't forgive himself if he didn't.
Well I am glad you made it there in one piece despite your missed flight. Please come home to visit us soon! And now that you've started this blog you better keep it up because I am interested to learn about your experiences!!
Have fun, and we miss you already!

Jennifer

Bruce Lenorf said...

Ian, thanks for the screen captures! it worked! I can see stuffs in english again. (sigh of relief).

Erica Smith said...

OK so you made it to Russia ... hope you make it to Novosobirsk ... and the apartemnt looks great! Anyway, hope the steeling ingoes OK. We miss you already! :)

Phil said...

Oh le nul... Was it bad traffic in Moscow? The plane to Novo crashed when landing in Momo? Or simply too much Vodka?

Chouch said...

So, I am here for the reward on leaving comments on the blog! Looks like Russia ain't a smooth ride... It makes wonderful blog article though :-)

Loic