Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Scenes of the Volga

I had the chance to spend a magnificent week end by the beautiful river "Volga", in the city of Kostromo. It is about 250km from Moscow. Why would I go all the way there while I have the beautiful river "Ob" right by my place? Well, look at the shots below. How could I resist? I enjoyed the many opportunities the city can offer:


Enjoy the beautiful beach, only minutes from the highway.

Relax or challenge yourself with all sorts of activities, also minutes only from the highway.













Discover the local fauna (minutes from the highway).













Finally, the town center and its highlights.













Now, being serious for a second: I had a splendid week-end there. The long evenings on the banks, with seagulls warming their butts on the lamps, and the charms of the city made it really nice. I am ready to go back there in a second.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ian said...

That seagull's, um, undercarriage, is very clean.

ESTANQUES Y CASCADAS said...

Ohh! Volga
Incredible