Sunday, July 6, 2008

A peaceful Saturday eve

I am back in Novosibirsk after a short trip in the UK... Good time there by the way, but out of he scope of my blog. You'll have to contact me directly to know how I spent my time in the Highlands of Scotland and know about my time in Wimbledon and Cambridge.
So for my second day back in the city, I decided to spend the evening in Novosibirsk on Saturday, just wandering around in the parks and enjoying the calm and relaxing atmosphere of a late summer evening. So I went and I walked around Lenine's square, in the very same parks where they have the snow sculptures during the winter, and watched for random things. This was a pleasant moment, as the temperature is very nice and people enjoy being outside and socializing in the parks. (Myself, I am not really socializing much yet, as my conversation is very limited, but I tried to be in harmony with the overall atmosphere by walking slowly and smiling. I hope the locals appreciate the effort.). The pictures below are random shots around Lenine square: the parks, the opera, the three lads and some more bear pictures.



And finally, this little show from our local Central Park, right in the heart of the city. Far from Manhattan, but the similarities are striking, aren't they?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu are right!!!! i don't need a password for making comments in your blog....which i don't know if it's good or bad news for your blog.

Well Nadal won in an epic effort, our friend gasquet lost to murray, and venus, won..so we watch the woman's wimbledon Champion.

Good to know you are enjoying summer and what about the music I suggested, I bought the Cd's monday and I still think they are good but still waiting for your official response.

Anyway , great times and a plesure to see you again....see you next time

Raúl

Anonymous said...

if you're talking about the pizzas,they have to be deep dish to really be like NY ones.

If you're talking about something else,I must have missed it.

co

Ian said...

Those badass mofo's can bust some moves.

Chouch said...

Where is the article on Wimbledon??