Thursday, March 6, 2008

Towing the Niva-lesson 2

Definitely, a good training for towing vehicles is required before driving a Niva around here. About 24 hours after i got Niva back from the mechanics, here I go and screw up again. I managed to get the car stuck in a snowbank on my way back from skiing in Tanaii, at 11pm, on a little road that I took as a shortcut in spite of all my passengers unanimously voting against it.
Note the different configuration this time to tow the car out... you won't find it in the user manual. As a result, I broke the rope. Before that, we tried several old tricks, like shoveling the snow from behind the tires, or teaching my good friend Aigul how to put a car in reverse so that I could help pushing the car out... We gave up quickly on that option when Aigul asked which pedal was the brake and how to operate a stick.
I want to thank that one car that drove by 5 minutes later with a good cable which we attached to the plow to get out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, much more fun driving than in Houston!

Ian said...

Poor Niva. I hope you treated her to a nice hot wash and wax.

Unknown said...

Good job my friend!!!
You're almost ready for the World Rally Championship! But I think Sebastien Loeb should be as usual a little bit better. But may be on 100m you'll have your chance! well... not sure... May I remember you that you were already driving like a shit with your Peugeot 104!!!
Anyway, take care old chap!

Anonymous said...

NoBru you are the best driver in the world)))) It was fun but a bit cold there, its like a song-holodna, golodna...