Sunday, March 23, 2008

A tour in Tyumen...

I used the opportunity of a business trip to visit Tyumen, a city near the Ural region to do a bit of tourism today. Below, some pictures I took today during a walk in this charming town, but that I unfortunately chose to visit while the snow is melting and making big muddy puddles. The highlights are:
-lots of old typical wooden houses, like they had at the end of XIX century.
-the bridge of love, where the lovers put locks on the barrier of the bridge to symbolize the way that true love feels (being locked in the cold wind above 100 feet of void).
-orthodox churches
Not in the pictures: how the only shoes I brought for the 1-week long trip are now soaked and muddy, the delicious pub food I missed for so long, and that I enjoyed with a pint of HARP at the local irish pub “O’Brian’s”.

7 comments:

Phil said...

Very nice. There was a lady from the CSL in Tyumen you mentioned once when she visited Sugar Land...
How is Dan Fu doing?

Ian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ian said...

Looks cool. What's with the padlocks on the railing?

Bruce Lenorf said...

Ian, you did not read my post, did you? I say in there that the padlocks are for symbolizing love. Sounds obvious, no?

Ian said...

I guess I didn't, no. Was that text there before? I feel sure I would have laughed at your 100 feet of void statement and remembered it, if it had been.

Anonymous said...

Bruno, let's come back to Novosibirsk, we will have fun here)))

Anonymous said...

People should read this.